Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What's going on around here...

Well I taught Pinsiter in NM and what fun and so many different looks...it was a blast...I should have pictures soon...then the true adventure began...well it started before going to NM...we had to spend the night in Des Moines as snow and such was coming and I didn't want to be snowed in and not to get to the airport...but that was fun and IT WAS Valentine's Day...then I flew in on Monday and we couldn't get home as all the roads around our parts had been closed due to ice and blowing snow...so we stayed in Des Moines again...
oh my then the real adventure begins...and what an adventure... once we got 2 miles from the house (gravel road) it was about 2" to 3" thick with ice and then snow in spots over it...the drifts last night were taller then the van where the snow plows had cleared the way...then we turnned on to our road which is about 1/2 mile and the snow plows haven't been there...but the drifts are only about to the top of my thighs...so jeff says...we can't go any farther so we pull to the side of the road and parked the van in front of the neighbors (there are only two houses on the road and we are at the very end)...we bundled up and thank goodness i brought my snow boots with me...and we walked to the house....rofl imagine my short legs and you have to march to get thru...oh my we had to stop several times as I got the giggles and i can't walk and laugh at the same time in snow...something new i learned rofl...then about 1/2 way to the house one of the dogs realizes it's us and she comes running and sooooo excited so she rolled and played in the snow all the way to the house...I guess I didn't find it as fun as she did...rofl...we are basicly snowed in til the plow does our road and all my stuff is in the van and neither of us feels like we could get the suitcases back here in all that snow...they won't roll they would have to be carried over our heads roflmao oh my but i made coffee I had ordered jeff a raspberry choc cheese cake for valentines that didn't make it til Sat. so matti put in in the ice box for me and so we had cheese cake and coffee
now that was yesterday...today we are still snowed in as it's very very cold...I sure hope Spring comes soon...OH MY

2 comments:

Carolynl said...

Oh Sherry I am still laughing ... just to warm you up a bit ... we had a whole day of sunshine ... blue skies & no rain ... YES!!!
luv ya ... cal

Cheryl said...

I can just picture you wading (or is it waddling) thru all that snow! LOL I am pretty sure coffee and cheesecake is the perfect ending to a romp like that.