Friday, February 08, 2008

What I did to the mannequin

Just one of many ways to finish the manneqiun...

I made the flowers out of paperclay so they had to be glued in place...I could have used apoxie sculpt but I didn't...The base coat is a very pale pink...I painted the head piece, flowers, everything but the face...then I used the dark brown permanent pen to draw designs...look up art Nouveau designs if you need some guidance for the design...

I used water color pencils to color in the design...sprayed with a matt sealer...then put a coat of petal procelain over the piece except for the face...I then painted the flowers on the head piece purple and leaves green to match what I did on the body...I then dry brushed the body with a copper metallic lightly, used blue interferece on the entire doll...very lightly...and then dry brushed the head piece and doll with a gold metallic paint...that's it...this is not in the pattern but thought I would share...love sherry

No comments: